Log in

No account? Create an account
23 April 2007 @ 01:40 pm
Officially On The Market  
Yep, we managed to complete enough (but not all) of the renovations such that the planting of the For Sale sign and short-notice Open House could proceed as planned on Sunday. We had our first lookers, who only spent about 5 minutes in the house and left. We were resolutely outside (told by our agent to vacate the premises) so don't know if it just didn't meet their needs or what. Our agent is going to check.

The music party Saturday night was a great farewell. Because the dining room was ... well, cluttered is too kind a word but it will have to do, we had less room than we have had previously. Since the basement pub was finished, we started a second sing down there when weirdsister and quadrivium arrived. It was a little awkward as folks tried to figure out how to get between the two sings, but ultimately I think it worked out OK. By the end of the night, everyone was down in the basement.

The evil nasty Exhaustion Wall of Doom reached up and smacked me upside the head about 11:30 pm or so, so I left a caffeine-revitalized ladyat to host the rest of the party and went horizontal.

Spent Sunday morning frantically trying to finish up all the leftover stuff before the aforementioned Open House, including having to hacksaw the bleeping tank bolts off the bleeping toilet tank in order to reinstall the bleeper onto the bleeping bowl. Once again, a typical 20-minute maintenance task takes me an hour and a half, not least because sometime recently my hacksaw managed to wander off and I had to go not once but twice to Home Depot to get one that would actually fit both across the tank and between the nut and the tank.

We got everything swept up and looking spiffy by the time the agent arrived, then hung around outside while the viewers were there. Once the Open House was done, we spent a few more hours making runs to Goodwill (dropping off, not picking up!), clearing out the last shelves so as to look at least a little organized, and packing the car. Left for Indiana about 6:00 pm (6:30 by the time we got away from the storage unit) and pulled in to the house about 3:15 am this morning.

We steadfastly refuse to paint anything while we are here this week. We may work on the yard, but for fun (gasp!), not curb appeal - meaning we can take our time and enjoy it.

We still need to get someone to fix our soffit here before it becomes a birdhouse. Hopefully we can get that done this week.
Current Mood: accomplishedaccomplished
Debbie's Blatheringsohiblather on April 29th, 2007 05:28 pm (UTC)
Good luck with the sale process! Hope it goes smoothly.